Sunday, December 12, 2010

Some UI Work

My second favorite thing to do in the 3D industry is interface design, it was a discovered passion of mine that I found when I took the interface design class at the Art Institute.  Here are some of my pieces from that course.

This is gonna be a long one

These are for a fictional RTS called Land Thief

Start
Campaign or Quickplay

Quick Play
Quick Play Load
Campaign
Campaign Load Screen
Options
Gameplay
Build Choices
Build Choices Description

These are for a fictional FPS called "The Mutation"

Start
Selection
Single Player
Gameplay
Pop-up Menu
Mini Map
Inventory

   
These are from the mid-term assignment, we were given a genre and told to do these specific screens within two hours.

Gameplay
 Pause
Inventory

Here are the "wires" from these screens, I have the wires for the others if anyone wishes to see them just let me know!

Gameplay
Pause
Inventory

4 comments:

  1. Very cool, man. The demo reel looks very nice. It shows you have a really wide range. What time is the show thursday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much yet again Andrew, now if only I can get an employer to agree :). The show is 2-4 for friends and family, it would be great to see you show up...however you won't see much more than you have seen here, other than my dvd cover and lightscribed disc, which you could have one of if you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, I'll be there. I guess my comment form the other day didn't go through but i made some suggestions on your reel. Obviously way to late now, but maybe you could move stuff around for your site. I suggested you put the sewer and emma and the flash assets near the front since they are your better stuff. Also just use images of emma, it looks better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh yeah I never got that, thanks very much for the crit, Ola gave me the order of objects for the reel but of course I can change it as needed. Why do photos look better?

    ReplyDelete