Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Start of Something Great

I'm reworking a sewer environment for my portfolio, this was the first environment I ever did for the UDK Engine and was the first time I was going to be able to move around within the level as a character.

First for some old shots of the original finished piece, keep in mind this is an "Area" not a "Level," the difference being that the Area is just to show what an entire level could look like in keeping with the same theme.












Now for the reworked geometry, it's coming along well, comments and critiques welcome and wanted!






Feel free to give thoughts, especially if you are a construction engineer, I could use some help finding out how I-beams fit together for building these types of stairs, here is a photo that i've been using for reference from the Saitama Storm Sewer in Japan, the stair rails are slightly different but that is to allow for the amount of space needed to fit a character through them as well as to keep the polycount down.

No comments:

Post a Comment